Skip to content
- whole Leg of lamb
- 10ml Olive Oil
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1chilli (optional)
- 2 tbsp. honey
- 2 tsp. brown sugar
- 340ml beer
- 340ml water
- Heat Olive oil in pot and lightly sear leg of lamb on all sides.
- Add cloves of garlic and chilli to pot.
- Drizzle honey over lamb and sprinkle with brown sugar.
- Add salt, pepper and rosemary.
- Add beer, water and cover lid – allow to heat up for 5 min.
- Remove from stove and place the pot with lid on in the oven at 140°C for 3 hours.
- Remove lid, baste the lamb with the cooking liquid, then place the pot back in the oven uncovered for a further 2 hours at 140°C.
- Remove from oven and carefully place lamb on serving dish.
- Pull bones out and break or shred lamb to liking. Pour the cooking liquid over the lamb until partially covered and serve.
Leave a comment